The Telegraph Pole Set No. 150 was available from 1947 until 1950, and even though 32 years separated the invention of the telegraph from the telephone, Lionel called this set "Telegraph Poles" even though most of wires that were laid after 1878 were for the use of the telephone.
Six BROWN plastic poles came in this set. They have a circled "L" molded into the plastic near the bottom and two alignment notches that are 180 degrees apart that align the pole in the track clips that came with this set. The track clips are often rusted or they are completely missing from this set.
These poles and clips were housed in a cardboard box that was lined on the outside with ORANGE paper and on the inside with YELLOW paper. On the inside box lid is a diagram showing how to mount the track clips and poles to tubular track. On the bottom of the box there is a card stock insert that holds the poles. This would allow a dealer to display the contents in a vertical position and also show the instructions that are on the of the box top. There are three variations:
Variation A: A slightly bigger box size that displays the poles at the top and the area to hold the track clips is at the bottom. The inside box top illustration is printed with BLACK ink.
Variation B: A smaller box size that holds the clips in the middle of the box. The inside box top illustration and the writing on the card stock insert is printed with DARK BLUE ink.